Friday, April 03, 2009

Kitchen Flooring Install - Day 1

I took a day off work to ... uh ... work. We finally decided to install new flooring in the kitchen and utility areas of the house. You can only live on concrete that is covered in stains and old ceramic tile lines for so long. I spent about 12 hours today getting the last of the prep work done, putting down the moisture barrier to keep the laminate flooring from warping, and installing the first sections of flooring. I'm pooped and not looking forward to tomorrow but I should finish the flooring for sure

Here are some pics.



This is a shot just before I started laying stuff.






This is shot with the plastic installed.





This is the flooring in the utility room.




This is the first full row of flooring in the kitchen. Looks like I need to go back and catch up on a little painting I didn't do when I installed the cabinets.

No comments: