Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend 2008

It's been a long and fun weekend for us here in Gibson-land. It started Thursday evening and will go through tomorrow since the boys are out of school on Monday for a teacher work day. Here is a synopsis of what has been going on over here. The video below is only one part of this busy weekend and I hope you enjoy it.

The party started with a visit to Fort Imagination on Wednesday evening. After playing hide-and-seek at the fort, the boys and I went to Sonic and grabbed a long, tall, cool drink. The boys got cokes (that's Texas coke, which is the generic term for a carbonated soft drink and has no relationship to the Coca Cola product) while I opted for the slush - cherry slush.

Thursday afternoon, the boys and I went to ACU and rode bikes along the jogging/riding track. It was very windy so we only made it one and a half times around or around 3 miles. After we rode bikes, we headed for a treat at one of our favorite destinations, Cajun Cones. My favorite is Fuzzy Navel. It was fun but very messy.

I was off work on Friday so I spent part of the day working on the house and part of the day shopping for new light fixtures. There was a quick game of soccer in the back yard Friday evening. The boys and I watched a Hootie and the Blowfish concert we recorded on the DVR. I discovered I was not a child of the 1990's music scene. I didn't recognize a single song they played except that one really famous one, whose name I don't know. Jason had many questions about what its like to be in a band. I answered the ones I thought I could. The others I just left to his imagination.

Saturday afternoon and evening was spent at Abilene State Park, hiking, playing and just getting away from it all. We had a great time. After a few hours of hiking, we stopped to have drinks and cookies and the boys and their mother played Freeze Tag and Mother May I? I am the wise one that stays behind the camera and doesn't have to do all the running. After we left the park, we went to Coronado's Camp and had a hamburger. They have really good burgers there. If you get a chance to stop in for a burger, I think you'll be glad you did.

Sunday was Easter, as you know. We didn't go to church anywhere but went to my parent's house for lunch and to Karen's Parent's house for dinner. Two big meals in one day! Way too much food.

Tomorrow, Monday, we will spend the morning around the house while Karen works for Mr. Young near Coronado's Camp. The boys and I will join her at his ranch after lunch.

So, there is our weekend. I hope you enjoy the video.

No comments: